My Nuffnang

Sunday, January 15, 2017

DIY LIGHTING FOR MINIFIGURES

/
© 2017 Hasif Rahman - Toy Photography | The Trooper Is Here

Canon 6D with 40mm F2.8 plus macro lens converter

" Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep "

- Scott Adams -

One of the most important things in photography is light. Light plays the most important role in any role of photography. From wedding to fashion to street to foods to macro and any type of genre, light is always there to be the main character. It is a photographer's job to control it or with creativity make the light become something interesting to play with. When I first involve with Toy Photography, light is the first thing I'm having problem with especially when it involves with Lego minifigures. The thing is, the flash that I used before was not suitable with the small size of minifigures. It ends up the photo becomes a bit plain.

In order to make it better, I need to DIY the light source. I did try several times, from using a small bulb with wiring, create a silinder to focus the light and a lot more and believe me, I've failed a lot. Then I remember, I did bought a book Small Scene in a Big Galaxy by Avanaut. So I read it again, and I learned something. At last, it works ! Its a step for a better days. Will try to be creative about the lighting stuff. Keep moving forward and never give up.




No comments:

Post a Comment