My Nuffnang

Sunday, January 1, 2017

PLAYING WITH LIGHTING PART 1



© 2017 Hasif Rahman - Toy Photography | Star Wars Infinity 2.0 Set

Canon 6D with 40mm F2.8 plus macro lens converter

" Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director "

- Darth Vader -


Its fun when you have the idea and working hard on it in order to make it happen. The idea I get is from a fashion magazine. The photographer plays with lighting, using colour gel I guess. Lucky I do have 2 colour gel in my room. The red and blue. At first I wanted to use with my Lego, but while searching for the right minifigure, I saw my Star Wars Infinity 2.0 set. There are Darth Vader, Yoda, Luke Skylwalker, Boba Fett, and Obi Wan Kenobi. You can take a look at the set at this post :- Star Wars Infinity Set

I was like, hey lets try using that set to play with the lighting, starting with Darth Vader. Using with some black boards, 2 source of lighting, 2 colour gels of red and blue, and after some adjustment of the light position and the black boards, here's the result. Its Straight Out Of Camera. Almost, haha. Ya, the lightsaber I used photoshop to make it "laser look alike". I need to sharpen my skill with the photoshop. The lightsaber seems a bit dull. Well, it's homework I guess. Lets try with a different set up with the next figure. Yoda ! See you soon !


No comments:

Post a Comment